Garage Door Repair Kansas City MO
Your garage door is a vital part of your home security and convenience. When it doesn’t work properly, it can be a major inconvenience, and even a safety hazard. If you’re experiencing problems with your garage door in Kansas City, MO, there are a few things you can do to troubleshoot the issue and try to fix it yourself. Contact our experts at Garage Door Repair Kansas City MO.
Common Garage Door Problems
Here are some of the most common garage door problems that homeowners in Kansas City, MO experience:
- Garage door won’t open or close: This can be caused by a number of factors, including a problem with the opener, the door itself, or the tracks.
- Garage door makes a loud noise when opening or closing: This could be due to a problem with the springs, rollers, or tracks.
- Garage door sticks or jams: This can be caused by dirt, debris, or a problem with the tracks.
- Garage door opener light doesn’t come on: This could be due to a problem with the opener itself, the power supply, or the wiring.
Troubleshooting Garage Door Problems
If you’re experiencing one of these problems, there are a few things you can do to troubleshoot the issue and try to fix it yourself:
- Check the power supply: Make sure that the garage door opener is plugged in and that the power is turned on.
- Check the opener safety sensors: The safety sensors are located at the bottom of the door track and prevent the door from closing on anything or anyone. If the sensors are dirty or obstructed, they may not be working properly.
- Check the tracks: The tracks should be clean and free of debris. If the tracks are dirty or damaged, they may need to be cleaned or replaced.
- Check the springs: The springs are what lift and lower the garage door. If the springs are broken or weakened, they will need to be repaired or replaced.
Garage Door Maintenance Tips
The best way to prevent garage door problems is to perform regular maintenance. Here are a few tips:
- Lubricate the moving parts: Apply a light coat of lubricant to the hinges, rollers, and other moving parts of your garage door every six months.
- Inspect the tracks: Inspect the tracks for dirt, debris, or damage every month. If you see any problems, clean or repair the tracks immediately.
- Check the springs: Have your garage door springs inspected by a qualified professional every two years.
When to Call a Garage Door Repair Professional
If you’re unable to troubleshoot the problem yourself, or if the problem is serious, you should call a garage door repair professional. A qualified professional will be able to diagnose the problem and fix it quickly and safely.
Here are some signs that you should call a garage door repair professional:
- The problem is beyond your skill level. If you’re not comfortable working on your garage door yourself, it’s best to call a professional.
- The problem is serious. If the garage door is damaged or unsafe, you should call a professional immediately.
- You don’t have the right tools or parts. Some garage door repairs require specialized tools and parts that you may not have.
By following these tips, you can troubleshoot and maintain your garage door yourself, and avoid costly repairs. However, if you’re unable to fix the problem yourself, or if the problem is serious, be sure to call a qualified garage door repair professional.
Address – 210 SW Market St Suite 144, Lee’s Summit, MO 64063 United States
Phone Number – (816)290-6506 / (913)349-6484
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org